Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hearing the voice of God, thru parenting

I was on my morning walk, that kicks my butt (I had to add that), and of course I end up stopping a million times to fill up the snack tray for both Cameron and Kerrington. Well after a reload of Sweet Potato Puffs, I hear Cameron begin to freak out because his little sister is trying to get to his stash... trying to be very patient I tell him "Cameron, if Kerrington reaches over to take some of your puffs, just let her, I have plenty more to give you if you run out." And immediately after I said it I realized Jesus tells me that all the time in regards to my own things, time, energy and love that I hoard and protect from others. I'm finding so many times that I'm just like a child, or even more, a baby when it comes to my relationship with Jesus. Lots of learning, messing up and be gently led back to my Father.


3 comments:

Jenalee said...

So true! Thanks for sharing that!

StacyD said...

You have comments now! Yay! Love this post, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ah, such a big insight coming from a simple little moment. I am just so, so proud of you, and I love you so much! ~Jami

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker